Fujifilm Expands Lens Lineup With New Fujinon XF 90mm F/2
For the mirrorless camera systems of the world, lenses are the name of the game. Currently, probably the best lens lineup of any mirrorless system belong to Fuji, and tonight, it just got even better with the announcement of the new XF 90mm F/2 Macro lens.
Some of you may be thinking “Why should I be excited about a 90mm macro lens?” Well, the key is in the crop factor, which essentially makes this new 90mm macro, a 135mm F/2 in FF field of view terms. That makes this an incredibly versatile lens for everything from portraiture to macro flower shots.
The new XF 90mm F/2 is not only an incredibly small and lightweight lens, weighing less than 20 ounces, but it is also an incredibly rugged lens, boasting Fuji’s WR (Weather Resistant) designation, featuring 7-sealing points for better water and dust resistance. Fuji also says the lens is rated for use in temperatures as low as 14°F.
Fujinon 90mm F/2 Macro Specs
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 7 sealing points for weather- and dust resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- NEW Quad Linear Motor for 0.14 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 11 elements in 8 groups, including 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 7 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 24 inches.
The new Fujinon XF 90mm F/2 will begin shipping in July for a US retail price of $949. Pre-orders will become available at some point Monday, so stay tuned for those links and we will update this post as soon as they are available.
What are your thoughts on the new Fujinon XF 90mm F/2 macro lens? Do you see yourself adding this to your X-Series kit? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!